Monday, March 3, 2014

Doozey of a Week

This week has been a doozey! All I can say is that by the time that I come home I am going to MASTER the game two truths and a lie from all the events from my mission. How many people can say that they have lived in a warring country, almost being evacuated, and had an immense amount of medical procedure's done in a short amount of time in a 3rd world hospital and several other things that have happened here. Like honestly, I feel like I am living in a movie, but it is not, it is my life! Like for real, I live this, everyday and I just don't even know where to begin. 
The weirdest part is that all this is going on and I still am just a missionary, I still just talk to people on the street about God, because that is also completely normal; 

"Hi, how are you? Are you from here?" 
"Yes, I am from here, you are not, you have an accent. Are you from Poland?" 
(No joke, people will tell me that I have an accent and they really do think that I am Polish, I don't even know what that means.)
"No, I am from America, far away from home, I know. I have a message about God and Jesus Christ. Do you believe in God?"

That is just how we all start conversations on the street with people. So with all of this going on, it still does not change our missionary work and everything really is just fine. We have a few more restrictions, like no tracting, which, honestly I really love tracting, so I was kind of bummed about that. We also were asked by the Quorum of the 12 to be in our apartments for a full day this week. That was the most extreme of anything that we had to do.
The mission president keeps us updated and we have full confidence in what the church is doing. Honestly, it is just a day by day thing and we are doing what we can to still bring our message of peace to this people, whom I love. I am not worried about myself, I know that the church will keep us safe. God looks out for His missionaries, I am worried for the people here. 
I get to go home, when my mission is over I go home to American and all is just fine. If it gets too dangerous I am taken out and moved to another country to finish my mission safely; they don't get to leave. These people that I love so much, they stay, this is their life and their country. They are the ones that will be suffering and that is what makes this the worst. I love them so much and I want to just know that they will be safe and taken care of more than anything.
Thank you for your prayers for Ukraine and the missionaries here. Everything is going well, we take it a day at a time. If we focus too much on what is happening then we miss out on bringing this message to someone who really needs it. Keep praying, the prayers are being heard. We are all well and I love you all!

Sister Shaughnessy

No comments:

Post a Comment